Endoscopy & Colonoscopy Clinic
Don Valley Endoscopy Centre is a specialized open-access outpatient endoscopy clinic located in Toronto. Staffed by experienced academic gastroenterologists and surgeons, including a supervisory consultant group from the world-renowned Therapeutic Endoscopy Unit at St. Michael’s Hospital, Don Valley is dedicated to providing, in a comfortable environment, the highest quality in comprehensive outpatient gastroenterology assessments and endoscopic services.
The facility is accredited under the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario as meeting Out of Hospital Premises Standards, and operates as an Independent Health Facility. The centre uses state-of-the-art equipment, including high-definition endoscopes. We have highly experienced endoscopists and specialized endoscopic nurses and with the assistance of our community Anesthesiologists, we aim to provide a comfortable, pain-free, procedural experience.
Why Choose Us?
- Excellent physicians: The gastroenterologists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists at Don Valley Endoscopy Centre are well-trained and experienced physicians.
- Safe and responsible nurses and technologists: The nurses are specialized endoscopic nurses with considerable experience in the ambulatory endoscopy environment. Technologists are all certified through university endoscope reprocessing training courses.
- Quality control: The clinic focuses on providing a high-quality experience. For example, in colonoscopy screenings, the clinic tabulates recommended quality metrics, including fecal intubation rate, polyp detection rate, bowel preparation scales, and withdrawal time. The infection control practices that are imperative in safe ambulatory endoscopy are rigorously maintained. High-definition video endoscopy equipment is used to maximize detection.
- Short wait times: The wait times for endoscopic consultations in hospitals are often long. In Ontario, part of this is due to endoscopy being off-loaded from hospital budgets. At Don Valley Endoscopy Centre, we often offer a procedural booking within days, and no more than 2 weeks from referral. Also, we accept patients with non-OHIP covered private insurance, including UHIP, Blue Cross, Unison, Black Creek Community, and travel insurances.
- Excellent communication: We aim to provide a full report within 24 hours of your screening, including e-mailed digital photographs if requested by the referring physician.
- Ensuring adequate ongoing care, especially for serious diseases: We aim to complete work-ups before returning patients to their referring provider. This includes direct referral links to hospitals for new diagnoses of gastrointestinal cancers, for inflammatory bowel disease, and for other serious gastrointestinal conditions. For example, for new diagnoses of colorectal cancer, patients are seamlessly integrated into the referral stream at St. Michael’s Hospital for work-up and for surgical and medical oncologic consultation.
- We listen to you: Our clinic manager listens to all feedback, to ensure continuous quality improvement. Please e-mail us at [email protected] regarding any aspect of our care.