SIBO Breath Test Preparation Instructions
There is a cost of $175.00 for this test.
IMPORTANT – Before you start the breath test, a 24 hour preparation period is required. This consists of a 12 hour restricted diet, then a 12 hour fasting period, followed by 3 hours of actual testing.
Please follow the guidelines below
14 Days Before Your Test
4 Days Before Your Test
1-2 Days Before Your Test
12 Hours Before Your Test
Preparation Diet – The first 12 hours you must limit your diet to the foods listed below:
• You may drink plain water, coffee, tea (no sugar/artificial sweeteners or cream to be added)
• Any meat, seafood/fish, poultry (baked or broiled)
• Salt & pepper seasonings only
• Plain white rice (if you are on a grain free diet, please do not consume rice
• White bread
• Clear chicken or beef broth (no bouillon, bone/cartilage or vegetable broth)
• Fats/ oils including coconut, olive, vegetable oil, butter or lard
• Weak black coffee or tea. NO sweeteners, milk, cream, green tea or herbal teas.
Note – If you are uncertain if something will affect the test, AVOID consuming the product or consult your physician prior to the test.
1 Hour Before Your Test
Sample Collection & Sending Your Kit Back To Us.
- Download SIBO test sample collection instructions. Follow the steps in collecting the sample.
- Only include the SIBO Timetable and your 10 tubes (placed back into bubble wrapped packaging). Seal the box with tape to ensure it does not open during delivery. The return label is already attached to the box.